Monday, August 25, 2008

The home of the $16 blow-out!

My hair is super long, all the way down my back, very thick and slightly curly - more wavy at this point. Anyway, it is so long and thick that it takes me about 1 hour to blow it out straight and is a very serious arm work-out LOL so I only find myself doing that for special occasions. Also, I like to convince my friends to help me do it but now my hair is so long they are not really trying to blow it out anymore either!

Every local Salon I have gone to wants about $45 to $60 for a blow out - that is such a waste of money - my hair only stays straight for a couple of days and as soon as I wash it - $50 down the drain.

Well, I finally have the perfect solution - Jean Madeline Aveda Institute!!!! They have 3 locations in Center City and are an Aveda based teaching school. They offer a full menu of Salon and Spa services at discounted rates. Now, I am not comfortable getting a haircut or facial but a manicure for $10 - YES and the best of all - a blow out of my long-ass, thick hair - $16 - YES, YES, YES!! Yes, I said $16 - sixteen dollars - that is it! How insane is that?!