Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Power Yoga = Spiritual Gym

I really like all types of Yoga but at the end of the day, I am not really one for endless chanting and OM's - I prefer a rigorous workout that pushes both mind and body. Bikram is great too but it is so repetitive, the same 26 Asanas, 2x each, every time - maybe it is my Gemini mind but that is too much repetition for me! LOL

My fiance loves Power Yoga Philly Power Yoga - he calls it Spiritual Gym, ya know what?...He is dead on. I used to go occasionally but have really missed having a regular practice. A couple of my friends and I have started a new routine, going together 2 times a week to 90 minute classes at Philly Power Yoga - it is so addictive! You feel sore in places you forgot about and you remember that you are stronger than you let yourself believe. It is so cleansing for your mind and gets rid of all the crazy thoughts that get in your way sometimes.