Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Indian Curry is addictive...

Indian curry is so good - yellow curry, red curry, green curry, I don't play favorites - I love them all. Good Indian food like anything else, is hard to find. I used to live in NYC and when I first moved there I lived in Murray Hill, just blocks from "Little India". That was awesome and definitely a real treat but quantity doesn't always equal quality and I had to search there for the "best".

In Philly, I got lucky, I found 2 perfect options - a high-end Indian restaurant that serves gourmet Indian Food in a beautiful atmosphere reminiscent of a Stephen Starr restaurant (think Indian Buddakan), The Palace at the Ben. The Palace at the Ben is so good, everything is well thought out and carefully prepared. But remember, this is fine dining so jeans and sneakers and a $20 are not going to cut it. Go here for really, really good food, beautiful atmosphere and a relaxed meal.

Now, if you want quality and taste but yearn for convenience (either take-out or delivery) and want to save some $$, then Tiffin-Store is your spot.

tiffin – [tif-in]
British Informal- (noun)
Lunch, or any light meal- (verb, used without object)
to eat lunch.- (verb, used with object)
to provide lunch for; serve lunch to.
The word is widely used in India for any hot light meal or snack taken at any time during the day.

Tiffin-Store is not really for eating in - the location is not the best and they only have a couple tables but they have one of the most flexible delivery programs in all of Philly and if you order far enough in advance, they will deliver REALLY far. Also, if you can order for take out online and it will be ready very quickly for pick up. OK, now I am getting hungry...