Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Marinator!!


Williams-Sonoma has the Reveo but they also have their own website, Reveo Marinator. My friend's boyfriends first hipped us to this about one month ago and we were intrigued, then we had a dinner party at their house and we were sold and drooling over when we could get one.


This is one of the BEST shower gifts I got at my wedding shower and was a complete surprise! My fiance and I really wanted one but were not registered at Williams-Sonoma, a couple of my friends surprised me with it!


We have already used it four times, we've done BBQ Chicken, Chimichurri Steak, Barrier Reef Salmon, Jalapeno, Cilantro, Lime & Garlic Shrimp & Scallops. We still plan on doing veggies with herbs and corn on the cob infused with honey, lime and cilantro this week.
The Marinator works like this...you put up to 5lbs of meat, chix, fish, whatever in the barrel and a dry rub or liquid marinade according to the instructions - the vacuum sucks out all of the air and you set the timer for tumbling. 5 minutes for 2lbs of shellfish is like it marinating for 24 hours and it really tastes like it!
Highly recommended for any at-home cooks, entertaining, BBQ'ing - this thing is AWESOME!