Monday, July 28, 2008

i like to pretend i am a book snob...

but really do like to read some trashy stuff (sTori Telling, US Weekly, In Touch) - bring it on! When it comes to lounging by the pool or chilling on the beach, I want books that make me feel like I am watching a movie. A couple of years ago, we went to Costa Rica and stayed at a little place for part of our trip called Punta Islita (highly recommend it!)...anyway, I am a very fast reader and blew through all of my books - they had a lending library and one of the hosts encouraged me to read a Vince Flynn book - now being the intellectual snob I thought I was I said, "I don't read fiction." with that annoying, arrogant thing that people who say this do. My host kept encouraging me and told me if you want to be completely engrossed in a book and not be able to put it down, just take this to the beach with you.

Well, about 10 hours later, my fiance (boyfriend at the time) was begging me to get ready for dinner - he didn't get that Mitch Rapp (main character) had just saved the head of the CIA from being killed and was in route to the Middle East to capture some of the terrorists who attempted to slay the CIA head - um, hello, can't you see I'm busy??

Short of it - Vince Flynn rocks - anytime I am going on a long plane ride or vacation I know I can count on Vince for some serious 'checking out'.