Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Good face lotion is so important!

I am a total product junkie! I LOVE all products, bath, body, face, hair, you name it. My fiance makes fun of me because we have at least 4 different body washes, 2 or 3 scrubs, 2 shampoos, 2 or 3 conditions and at least 2 types of soap in or shower at any one time - and that does not include the back up bin in our linen closet of brand new items ready to be used. This particularly gets on his nerves since he is the one who tends to clean the shower - he has to spend 10 minutes just pulling all the products out :p


I like to use natural products and tend to gravitate towards manufacturers who care about what they put in their product and where the ingrediants come from. It is also important to me that the packaging be sustainable and thoughtful.


Now that I am in my (very early LOL) 30's, I definitely see some changes in my skin. I have been on the hunt for a new face lotion and I think I have struck gold - Plantidote™ Mega-Mushroom Face Lotion.
This stuff is AMAZING! It is not crazy expensive ($60) and you only need 2 or 3 pumps. I started using it a couple of weeks ago and people were commenting on how firm and radiant my skin looked within a couple of days.
Here is some information from Origins website "This oil-free hydrating face lotion with Hypsizygus ulmarius and Chaga mushrooms immediately helps quiet and calm skin. By mirroring the amazing process that sends Narcissus Lily Bulbs into dormancy as a means of “self-protection”, it signals skin to conserve its energy to optimize its defenses against potential damage. Skin has the ability to maintain a stronger, healthier, more youthful appearance. This patented technology is further supported by Menyanthus and Heather Extracts to keep skin firm; Fucoidan from Okinawan seaweed to discourage moisture loss and Vitamins C and E to defend against destructive oxidation."